Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a GREAT day for customer service!

Okay, Nan. You're gonna like this. I not only have one, but TWO good customer service stories that happened today. Can you handle it? Here goes. First, I went to get my car washed at Xtreme Clean today. I love the fact that they are open on Sunday's and you do not have to get out of your car. Anyway, at the end of the line, as two guys were drying, one of them looked at the front of my car and shook his head and motioned me to go back through. I, of course, did not understand. Had I done something wrong? As I pulled out of the bay, he said that the front had not been cleaned very well, that there were still a great deal of bugs, and I should go back through for a FREE wash. WOW! I thanked him, but said it was okay, as I was driving to Dallas tomorrow to shop for a dress for my daughter's formal and would only get a multitude more. Do you think he really cared about all of that? Probably not, but he listened anyway.

If you think that was a good story, you are going to love this one! Early in November, my seven year old daughter broke her arm. We had planned a ski trip for the week right before Christmas, and when her cast was removed on the 25th of November, her orthopedic said that she was not allowed to ski. WHAT! She and her older sisters were devastated! So, I called the resort in Telluride to cancel our reservation and was told that since I was not in the 30 DAY CANCELLATION PERIOD AND THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED FOR 2 NIGHTS PER ROOM. We had 2 rooms. UGH! I was literally calling to cancel on day 7 outside of the cancellation period, which means there were 23 days left before our trip. I asked if a doctor's excuse would help (you know, like when we were all in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL). She said probably not. UGH! I proceeded to tell the reservation agent what I thought of their policy (sweetly, of course!), when she suggested that I move the reservation to a different time. I thought that would work and then I could cancel then. She said NOPE, you can only modify it again, no cancellation period. So I tried to move it to next Christmas. She said that they could not book that far out. I then just picked some random days and then had to remember to keep calling to cancel. What a pain. You know, I can't remember anything! So...today I called to move my reservation, again. When I told the nice agent named Kim that I needed to modify my reservation, she asked if I was just calling to confirm. Nope, I need to move to the next time that I won't be coming to your lovely resort. I then explained the whole thing to her. She suggested cancelling and putting a note on the file explaining the broken arm and that I would need to fax in something from the doctor and we would get our deposit back. HMMMMM. REALLY? Didn't I suggest that earlier? Anyway, not Kim's fault. I told her that if that would work she was the bomb and that I would blog about her today. So, here's to Kim at the Peaks Resort in Telluride, CO. YOU ROCK!

I guess good customer service does exist. Yeah! It's a Christmas miracle!

Keep gabbin'!
Erin

No comments: