Monday, November 30, 2009

Don't be Jealous...He's ALL Mine!

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but the turkey lingers! Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season. There's shopping, eating, shopping, cards to get out, eating, shopping, wrapping, parties, eating, family; oh...did I mention shopping and eating? It's a vicious cycle. Thousand of people headed out EARLY on Black Friday to see if they could take advantage of the awesome deals that retailers were offering. My children even left the coziness of their beds at 7:30 AM to brave the crowds. Me? I slept in. Cactus? He went hunting. Don't worry...Cactus and I did venture out to help stimulate the economy. He bought my Christmas present early. I know! What man buys their wife their present a month before Christmas? A cheap, (I mean thrifty) one does. I have been asking for a new washer and dryer for about 3 years. I have asked for mother's day, valentine's day, my birthday, anniversary and Christmas. I even asked for them on Cactus' favorite holiday...the first day of hunting season. NOTHING! They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. That is wrong. It's his wallet. Cactus saw an ad for 50 percent off of a washer and dryer set. I can see the wheels in his mind turning. If he purchases these, not only will he be finished with his shopping, but I will get off of his back about buying a new washer and dryer. It's a WIN-WIN! So, purchase we did.

But wait! It does not stop there. Cactus thought I needed something besides the washer and dryer. He is such a giver. You might want to sit down for this one, if you aren't already. He also bought me...TIRES! I know! You are green with envy! I don't know how he will top this next year. Maybe I will get that kitchen remodel I have been asking for. Patience paid off with the washer and dryer. Stranger things have been known to happen.

Happy Shopping (and eating and shopping and eating)!

Erin

No comments: