Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Am A Big Ole Slice of Deli Meat

Yes, you read the title correctly! It's official...I'm the insides of a sandwich -- be it bologna, turkey, ham, peanut butter, whatever one desires. As a matter of fact I've been "the insides" for a little while. Let me explain.

You know when you are a kid, teenager, even a young adult in your 20's, the world is your oyster. Then you hit the 30's you are a juggler (the world is still your oyster, just a few more responsibilities) like starting a family while trying to keep that career thing going. THEN out of nowhere those 40's hit you and you are sandwiched! The part of your life where not only have the aforementioned responsibilities escalate, but you are now Mom to both slices of the bread of your sandwich...your own kids and your own parents.

But I tend to look at the positive side of most things, and this is how I choose to view it. The insides of any sandwich IS ALWAYS the best part, so through the good, the bad, and the ugly, I am going to strive to always BE THE BEST at taking care of the ones I love dearest. They are truly priceless so "soak 'em in" everyday you get!

Gab on,
Nan

1 comment:

Journey's Inn said...

That's it, Nan! Good job! Susan