Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa's Gonna Need a Bigger Sleigh!

First, good job Wylie Bulldogs! Second, good luck Abilene Eagles!

Now, on to the sleigh issue. I was out doing some Christmas shopping this past weekend, with all three of my girls wish lists in hand. It's amazing how differently they handle the process of preparing a list. Three different personalities, three different lists. Katie, my 16 year old, merely took a scratch piece of paper and wrote out her list. She had a total of nine items on her list. What could she possible need? She has a computer, an iPhone, TV, car, and every other electronic device. Her list consists of shoes, books, money and we can't forget the DVR for her room. I guess she doesn't have every electronic device.

Delaney is 14, and her list shows her creative side. You have to see it to believe it; but I will try to describe it to you. Her list is two pages. WOW! BUT...there are only seven items on it. She took pictures of the things she wants off of the internet and pasted the images into a Word document and then printed it off for me. It even has a title - "Delaney's Parent/Santa Wish List for Christmas '09." I know...you are dying to know what is on her list. For those of you who know Delaney, you know that there is a purse on her list. However, what you don't know is there are THREE purses on her list (and they ain't cheap!). She says she does not want them all (WHATEVER!); she is just making suggestions. She gets her love of the purse from her mom, and I am not ashamed to admit I have a problem. Hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step! The other items on her list are the typical shoes, jewelry and gift cards. Oh...and an iPhone!

I have saved the best for last. My eight year old, Elle Belly! Her list also has a title - "Elle's Christmas List 2009." I think her big sister helped her with that title. Her list is hand written on a piece of notebook paper. Here is where the bigger sleigh comes into play. SHE HAS 24 ITEMS ON HER LIST!!!! She is eight! What could she possibly need? I will not take the time to list them all here...I will just give you a few highlights.
1. Betty razor scooter or the other scooter
2. computer
3. phone (really?)
5. volleyball net for the pool (because we are going to swim on Christmas day)
7. camo walkie talkies
8. puppy (I guess the three in the back yard don't count)
12. American Girl clothes and all the other stuff
14. iPode tutch (her spelling)
16. bike (the one on the patio that she has NEVER ridden is not good enough)
18. chair
24. clothes

I would love to get her everything on this list and I am sure Santa would, too. However, what would she put on her birthday list in four months?

While shopping, I ran into a couple of friends that asked to see the lists. I can still hear their laughter after seeing Elle's. They of course, know her, and would not expect anything less of her. God love her! So, I am off to help Santa buy a new sleigh. I wonder if he will get a 2010 model or if the 2009 models are on sale? Hey, even Santa likes a bargain!

Happy shopping!
Gabbin' Gal Erin

No comments: